Sunday, November 09, 2008

weekend miscellany

Somewhere in the last week, Leo has started to get into the "mother" and "father" thing, even occasionally calling us those instead of something more kid-like. It was really amusing tonight. I got home from a trip in to school after he had gone to bed, but went in when he was up a while later. When I whispered at him to go back to sleep, he responded with a whispered "Father, are you home?"

He's had a little bit of a reaction to his flu shot, and that plays into the other really funny thing he said this weekend: "I'm ready for this cough to go away now."


At some point this morning, he was stretched out across both stools while we were working on something. I don't honestly remember what. {Kirstin sez: I don't remember what we were doing either, but in case you can't tell, he was having a fit over his paci...}






Even though the temperature was 34 degrees this morning, he insisted on going out to the back yard to play for a while after grocery shopping. Then he wanted his yellow shovel. After he caught me taking a picture or two, he told me he was digging up a castle. After switching the camera back to video mode, the following conversation ensued:

No comments: