Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Leo is five years old!


It is so hard to believe that Leo is five years old already. He's reading pretty fluently (although he really dislikes doing so "on command"), and has gone through several longer chapter books with me, some of which might really have been over his head. Even though he's not in school, he's got some simple math skills. Pretty much, he's got a good jump on all the kindergarten skills except for doing what he's told the first time.

We had a pretty bad thunderstorm this morning which woke him up early, so he got to open is birthday presents early this morning. In addition to the things he got to open on Sunday (car, train, Halloween-themed spoof of A Visit from Saint Nicholas, world map floor puzzle), he got some clothes from his aunt & uncle, a book just because, the Klutz Book of Yo-Yo from his sister, and a toy guitar from us. The guitar was attached to him practically all day, and one of us will post some pictures from it sometime soon.

His swimming teacher has been regularly commenting about how much he's improving from week to week, and it has really been amazing to watch him go from somebody who almost refused to put even his nose into the water to bobbing his entire head underwater, and even wanting to try to bob in the bathtub.

I'm sure there's more to say, but I can't think of anything else, other than

Happy Birthday, Leo. We love you.

Mama & Papa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Grandpa Ben would be so proud of you, Leo, for doing so well with the swimming skills. Next, on to diving, which was his specialty. Granny m

Anonymous said...

Leo maybe we could do a triathlon together down in Florida? I am glad you had a great birthday and sorry I didn't get any gifts out to this year. I am glad I got to talk with you though. much love, auntie LL