Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Leoisms Spring, Summer and Fall 2010

I've been posting a lot of Leoisms on Facebook and not here, so tonight I went back and copied all of my status updates that involved Leo-sayings or related funnies. Enjoy!


Mama I can't read out loud because my voice will get tired--we have several more pages to go.

Hop (stuffed bunny extraordinaire) makes me scaredless (brave).

Mama, did you sleep scaredless and botherless?

Overheard: Leo, put on your pants and then I'll show you where Iceland is.

Leo, let's figure what these leaves are that we collected on our walk. Ok mama, are we going to check leaf.org?

Leo, did you like your waffle? Yes mom, waffles always help me think.

Leo has announced that he's in charge of dolphins. When we explained that voting determines who's in charge, he said he wanted to be in charge of something.

Leo announced that since he gets paid tommorow (?) that that's when he'll eat his Payday candy bar.

That freaked me up Mommy. Uh, I think you mean freaked you out. No, it freaked me up.

Leo, where did you get all of those bruises (on his shins)? At the bruise store. (He also says he gets his energy at the energy store.)

"Mom, I think it's time for kid retirement. I'm ready to retire."

Mama, why did the power blink off? I don't know Leo. Mama, I have a bunch of hypotheses!

Dad, how do chickens lay eggs without any hands?

Leo is doing what he calls the "Nova dance" because he gets to watch Nova tonight.

Leo has been enjoying the serial tale I have been telling each night at bedtime "Leo and His Imaginary Pet Fish Bob". Except I can never remember if it's supposed to be imaginary or invisible, so Leo has to correct me.

Mom, have you heard of a paperclip blanket? No Leo, what's that? It's a blanket for paperclips when they get cold. Ooookay.

The police in the road were stopping people and going people. Leo-speak for cops directing traffic.

Momma, could you kindly read me Horton Hatches the Egg?

Now Leo is hugging the can of pineapple. Never let it be said that this boy doesn't have strong food preferences.

My son just kissed his cheese at dinner. Even as a WI native I don't think I'm that devoted to it!

Leo, how did you get your vitamin out by yourself? (looking at me like I'm a bit slow), I pushed down and turned. See, that's what it says on the cap.

"Mom, can I see what you're doing on Facebook?" "No Leo, it's none of your business." Sigh. "I need some kind of business."

Mom, there's a fly, I need the fly swapper!

Leo's playing on his little piano keyboard and Molly starts crying. Leo stops playing and starts pouting. When I ask him what's wrong, he says, "I must be terrible."

Me,thinking Leo was looking taller: Leo, I think you've grown another foot! Leo (looking down at his feet): Which one? How do you grow a foot?

"Indepedence day is a birthday party for the whole country? Can we have it here or is it going to be somewhere else, or at a church?" oh Leo!

Leo wanted to know why we couldn't live in the Mary Poppins movie. He's going to have the same problem I always had/have when a favorite book or movie ended-- want to be a part of it and not want it to end. Tomorrow we're going to write our own Mary Poppins story.

Mom, I have to zip up my belly button for the night. And then I unzip it in the morning.

Overheard while Leo and aunt LL were playing squirt guns: "stop watering me!"

Watching Leo learn Go Fish--he keeps telling everyone what cards he has. Doesn't work so well that way.

Overheard: Leo, it's hard for me to understand you when you speak t-Rex.

2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

These cracked me up! Leo and my kids could have a very entertaining convo. ;)

PG hugs and kisses everything. And on the playground at school, she took a tissue out of her pocket and covered up two little rocks because 'they were cold and needed a blanket.' Leo and PG could be besties! :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY where to begin. I must admit the "freaked up" made me laugh out loud and still has a grin on my face!
- auntie LL