| Rhubarb pecan muffins. Double batch so we could freeze half. |
Rhubarb always signals the transition of spring to summer for me and I'll eat it just about any way I can get it. Just please don't mix it in with strawberries or another sweet fruit. There is nothing wrong with its tart goodness all by itself!
![]() |
| Last day of 1st grade! |
We had a Start of Summer potluck last night. Of course it was 95 degrees. Sob. We had 10 adults and eleven children (2, 4*, 1, 1, 3). *This family normally has three children but was doing a respite care foster placement for a 3-month-old. We had the sprinkler going and the baby pool filled. The "regular" kids ranged in age from 8 months to 6.5 years. Three of the five families had some connection to MI. Four of the five families had something to do with Chesterbrook. All of the families are involved in education at some level. There was a lot of good food. The kids all got along (there was no screaming or crying and no one got hurt).
| Reading on a Sunday morning. |
This morning we are all pretty wiped out and it's going to be another scorcher. So we are lazing around at the moment. I'll post some videos shortly of Molly reading her book to me.

1 comment:
OH my goodness. 1st grade. It feels it was literally almost last year I was there holding him in my arms as I multi-tasked. :)
Congrats on your first year of success Leo. You Rock Dude!
Post a Comment