Monday, July 31, 2006

Rocket boy

Leo is zooming around faster than ever! Jeff and I are pooped.

New-ish developments this weekend include Leo's first car trip (2.5 hours each way to Charlotte) to see his Aunt and Uncle's new house and some other relatives. He slept in the car both ways--Friday night we left at his bed time and had him in his jammies already and Saturday we left at his usual afternoon nap time. The only bad thing is that he woke up when we got to Charlotte at 9:30pm and had no desire to go back to sleep. So, none of the three of us slept very well. But, he enjoyed meeting everyone and everyone enjoyed him.

We also had to lower the crib to its lowest setting last night since he can now stand up and even at the lowest setting he can peek over the railing. The only way I can get him in and out now is if he is standing up, so putting him to bed by default has become a papa activity. At least for now.

Leo also got his first pair of "shoes" yesterday. Ms. Ete requested he have something for his feet besides socks at daycare. I prefer him to be barefoot since it's supposed to be better developmentally. But, the pediatrician said there was no problem with these soft shoes, so we got him a cute blue pair with green stars.

It also seems that Leo has learned that 'no' means stop. He doesn't quite have it figured out that it means stop and don't do it again. But, as he reaches for the wastebasket in the bedroom and I say no, he stops. Then he looks at me and smiles. Then he reaches for the basket again. Cute bug.

1 comment:

aisha said...

Now I want some soft shoes...