When we went to go to daycare this morning there was a baby bird sitting on the roof of the car. It was sitting so still I thought it might be dead, but no, Jeff could see it breathing. We tried slamming the car doors and shooing it with a stick, no reaction. Finally Jeff made to scoop it up onto a file folder and it flew away. We think it must live in a nest in the tree that shades the driveway. Wish I had the camera with me! Leo couldn't figure out why mama and papa weren't getting into the car right away.
On another note, we try really hard not to compare Leo to other kids, good or bad, because they are each so different and develop and different rates. But, this week at daycare Kate, the licensing consultant (yes they are up for state licensing renewal this week), commented on what a beautiful smile he has and that it just makes you feel everything will be ok. She also said that he holds eye contact longer than any baby she's known (and said she, "I've known a lot of babies!"). Now if we can just get him to stop making great big bruises on his head in his attempts to conquer the world (i.e., get from place to place). Ms. Ete says he crawls faster than any baby she's seen--I find that hard to believe, but he is speedy.
1 comment:
He is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen.
Post a Comment