Monday, August 14, 2006

Ta-da! Kitchen "after" pictures





A fresh coat of paint on the windowsill makes all of the difference!












This shows the shiny new backsplash and the detail in the countertop.










The cabinets look much richer against the darker floor and counters. We ran out of time to build the L with the counter there where the cart is at the doorway. I'm keeping my eye out for something I can buy and place there so people have somewhere to sit and talk to us.







We kept all of the same appliances. Now Leo has lots of crawling room!













Jeff and I built and installed the shelf ourselves.














I wish I could have gotten some good night shots--the new lights make everything sparkle and the colors are very warm. But, it is not too dark during the day, which is good.

I never feel like the lighting is very good in my pictures, but this should give you, gentle reader, the general idea of how the kitchen turned out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose!

Anonymous said...

It looks bee-oo-tiful. I love the light shade of yellow. It was fun to see the before picture-- what a transformation!

aisha said...

Very nice. My favorite parts are the back splash and the new light fixtures. This is one big project you can cross off of your to-do lists! Congrats!