At Leo's checkup last week Dr. Murray asked if he liked to imitate us when we did housework. I looked at her blankly and said, "Housework?" She said, "You know, does he like to pretend to sweep or vacuum?" I thought for a minute and said, "Well, if he ever saw us do housework he might!" Housework is not my favorite thing. I am pretty good at keeping the house neat, but clean is another matter. As my mom always said, dust is a protective covering! Now that Leo's not crawling anymore and his little knees don't get so dirty from the floors, I am even less motivated to clean.
Leo has started pulling off his socks and can say "socks" pretty clearly too. He has also started saying "wheeee" when he's having fun--maybe because I say it a lot. That and "boo"--he says that too--which is also from me--I don't know why I say it so often, but I do.
3 comments:
That's cute.
My boys LOVE to help vacuum which makes it sort of hard to turn the vacuum becuase there's three people holding on to it. There good little sweepers too!
You nailed it, kiddo. Enjoy your child every minute that you can - the housework will wait.
Now, if we could just get someone to invent an effective method of birth control for dust bunnies...
Otto learned to sweep and vacuum at daycare -- he loves it, too. The broom ends up in odd places because he'll drag it around, and he adores the play vacuum I got him last summer. Today he was inspired by his dad cleaning the kitchen and hauled his little vacuum upstairs to work on his bedroom. Makes cleaning more fun!
Post a Comment