Thursday, April 26, 2007

Entering the terrible 2's

An official 18-month post will be coming soon, but I had to mention the other "new" development--the tantrum. So far Leo hasn't thrown any huge tantrums--mostly just crying on occasion if he doesn't get his way. But this morning when I had to take a toy away so we could get in the car to go to school he screamed and cried and went limp--it was hard to pick him up and even harder to hold onto him once I did. He cried the whole way to daycare. But, once we got there he was running down the hallway to his room and once we got there he waved and said bye-bye with a big smile. Sigh. Added to the sleep deprivation Jeff mentions and not even coffee is enough to perk me up these days!

I'm trying not to complain too much, because all in all I think Leo is still probably a relatively easy kid (I can't say baby any more!) and also Jeff will be on his own with him all next week. I leave Monday morning for a conference in Minneapolis and don't get home until midnight on Thursday. Poor Jeff is going to be so worn out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. These were the best of times ... these were the worst of times.