Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mr Popular

"Bless you mama" and "five more minutes" are two phrases you'll hear Leo using lately. His diction isn't perfect of course, but he's pretty understandable. The latter has come about as we try to let him know when it's time to leave the park or get ready for bed (trying to avoid meltdowns). When we then say it's time for whatever it is, he'll hold out his hand showing all five fingers and say "five more minutes."




(Like my hat? Yes, I know I'm a huge ham, and when I see the camera come out I've starting saying "pikker".)






Tomorrow night Leo's been invited to a little get together with his friend Mason who lives across the street. We're going to walk to Meadowbrook Park for the Jazz Walk and then go back to Mason's for dessert. Some of Mason's other friends are invited, so Leo may get to make new friends.





(Watching some 'toons.)








Last weekend was pretty busy--more painting (it'll never end) and hanging out with Mason and his folks on Saturday. We were originally all going to go to the U of I football game, but it was raining and we weren't that interested even though we all had free tickets. So we had dinner at their house and the boys played. Sunday there was more painting and our friends Mark and Robin came by on their way home to Chicago from IN to drop off the lawnmower they were giving us. Lawnmower is another of Leo's new words. They stayed for dinner and a rousing game of frisbee in the back yard. I love that we can play frisbee in our back yard!




(What do you mean my mouth isn't big enough for both?)

No comments: