Saturday, October 13, 2007

Just us guys, Fall 2007 edition

So, Kirstin's been gone at the Midwest Music Library Association meeting in Cincinnati the last few days, which has left me on my own with Leo for that stretch. She comes home tonight, but has a rehearsal and a gig tomorrow, effectively making it most of 4 days of the single dad thing.

Other than not getting any school-related work done, it hasn't been too bad. He's been a little clingy, and didn't go to bed until later than I would have liked either night. There was still a bunch of coughing on Thursday night, but he basically slept through the entire night in his own bed last night. (I think I was up once to replace a lost pacifier, but that's about it.)

He's starting to get the idea of multiple words for the same thing, exemplified most recently both on the way home from day care two days this week, and then again this morning at Target, when he held out / pointed to his nukker and said "paci."

Thursday and Friday nights, he wasn't very interested in being active. But, when Meetup sent me the Champaign calendar for the week, and I saw that the Moms group was going to the Harvest Fest, which I previously hadn't heard of, I figured we'd go. I'm glad we did, because we had a good time. We made a couple of forays into the petting zoo area that runs at the farm all summer long (Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day, plus the event today), and although the goats freaked him out a bit, he really liked the monster-sized bunny, even though he couldn't reach down far enough to pet it by himself. The real coup, though, was that he petted the miniature pony -- on two separate occasions. "Sof," or so he said. :) (He also liked the llama like he likes dogs -- that is to say, anytime it was at least 4 feet away.)

He's napping now, and I'll go work on putting together the wagon he got for his birthday in a few minutes, and then take some time to just be a grown-up for a little bit.

No comments: