All of sudden yesterday Leo started saying "'kay" instead of yes. We've told him he has to answer a question yes or no, because 'kay can be ambiguous (no, we didn't use the word ambiguous with him).
He was in fine form this morning, screaming "no pants" for a good long time while we tried to get him dressed. He couldn't tell us why he didn't want to wear pants and it's too cold to just wear his pj bottoms. We let him wear his pj top but he didn't seem to care. He got over that once we got to the breakfast table, but once it was time to leave for school he kept screaming for his pacifier. I suppose we should have just given it to him, but any time there is a break in routine and he's gotten to use it other than at bedtime, he wants it all of the time. Since he was under the weather this weekend he got to use it and now doesn't want to go back to not using it. I think we'll have to consider going cold turkey with this child.
Jeff called me while I was still on the bus to work and said I should call to check in on Leo later in the day because he had screamed all the way to school and during dropoff. I hope he hasn't developed another ear infection.
Needless to say, mornings like this can wear you out before you get started. Good think Leo is so cute or we might have to farm him out. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment