As usual, even though I had to wake Leo up most of the week -- which was actually pretty easy most days -- he woke up really early this morning. As in, before 6:00 really early. I managed to get him to lounge in bed with me until around 6:30 before giving in and getting up.
He got plunked down in front of Manny and Rocket Ship while I showered and got dressed, followed by making waffles. He's been squirrelly about eating most of the week, so I wasn't surprised when his total consumption was two bites less than half a waffle.
Trying to take Leo to the farmer's market when I actually needed to get a couple specific things was the exercise in idiocy that the trip to the pool was not. Of three things sought, we got one (and a couple honey sticks as surprise bribes for Leo), discovered that one was out of season and required a trip to the grocery store, and had to rely on something in the freezer as a fallback for the third. There were several times where I felt like we were holding up traffic all around us because of needing to deal with him changing his mind about whether to walk or ride in the stroller or, in once instance, just wanting to sit down in the middle of the walkway because it was so hot. (The official thermometer temperature at the time was 72, but the humidity was near 100%.)
He settled down after we got home, and I've actually managed to get most of the house cleaned. We got to play with Mason for a few minutes before they leave for a week and change, which was followed by lunch and a nap that it took him a while to settle down into. When he wakes up, I'll finish cleaning (vacuum), and then we'll see how much time is left before leaving for the party and picking up Kirstin.
No comments:
Post a Comment