Neither of us slept well last night -- more on that in a minute.
Since Thursday was the last night that the pool was open until 8:00 (they close at 7 pm except during July), I decided to brave a possible tantrum on leaving and go, since we can't otherwise usually get ready after dinner with enough time to make a trip effective. It ended up being a very good trip -- not only did he go down the water slide in the little kids' area more times that I could count (after usually freaking out about it), but we ran into his friend Rosie from school. They had a blast frolicking around the inner tube holding pen, until Rosie's mom and I had to settle them down before somebody went head-first onto the concrete. He was good for our trip down the falls and into the lazy river, and didn't complain when it was time to go. All in all, not the trip into idiocy that I was expecting it to turn out to have been.
He went to be at 8:20 or so -- a little late for this week -- but was up every half hour or so until I went to be at 10, and even afterward until 12:30. The first few were the usual delaying tactics -- water or snuggles -- but many of them were triggered by a cough that sounded a little tight. I think that something might have triggered allergies while we were at the pool, because I haven't hear the cough today.
I took tonight easy and let it be movie night -- with the evening's selection being Toy Story 2, which I acquired while errand-running yesterday because a) it was on sale and b) I've seen the other Pixar films enough to be sick of them (except for The Incredibles, which he's too young for.) We had a meltdown when I interrupted the movie for bathtime, which was excessively abbreviated. Since I used some of the end as a distractor while I trimmed his nails, he ended up getting to see the end, just because of how timing worked out.
I've had to interrupt typing this once for him, and few times because I got distracted by other things. Here's hoping we both sleep better tonight. Tomorrow's agenda includes going by the farmer's market on the square, to a tae kwon do academy potluck, and picking Kirstin up at the airport -- yea!!
No comments:
Post a Comment