Saturday, September 27, 2008

24

That's the number of bug bites I currently have on my arms, hands, and neck. And I have two more on my torso. They aren't all mosquito bites, they are mostly from some small black flying bugs with hard shells that have been out in force lately (chiggers? I've never seen one). Most of these bites I got today, first while playing in the yard with Leo this morning and then at the Illinois Natural History Survey's Sesquicentennial celebration this afternoon. Here are some pictures.


Family portrait













The boys both got to learn how to cast a line and how to net fish ( toy stuffed fish). Mason got to wear the boots.











Leo and Mason discussing the pros and cons of being this close to a snake.












Leo liked all of the different bugs--there were dozens and dozens of cases of butterflies, moths, arachnids (this picture is in honor of our friend Heidi who raises tarantulas), beetles, and many other things I couldn't identify.









Leo and Mason both got to pet a fox snake and Leo really didn't want to stop!

They also got to see live and stuffed turtles of all sorts, frogs, mammal pelts, stuffed ducks, and lots of other cool stuff.







The boys in one of the air boats.

No comments: