Saturday, October 25, 2008

getting ready

Kirstin's been gone at one of her two annual meetings the last couple days, so of course I spend the time fighting a mild cold. In bed at or before 9:30 both nights. Yesterday I even woke Leo up with a series of echoing sneezes.

Leo's birthday is tomorrow, and we have a few people coming over to help us decorate cutout cookies. This, of course, means that we have to get the cookies made. Leo helped me with some of them this morning, but I think I'm going to have to do a second batch while he's napping -- assuming, of course, that he does since he only napped at school once this week.

Rolling the dough.














Pressing down on the cookie cutter. He only sort of bent one, although I could get it back into shape. He also didn't always get the idea that you could only make one cookie from a particular region of dough.









Getting ready to roll the next batch.













Don't forget to sprinkle the rolling pin, too.














We have got to get this boy an apron!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re an apron for Leo - how about an oil cloth jumpsuit instead? Granny m