Sunday, October 12, 2008

Random things

Last weekend we went to a birthday party for one of Leo's daycare friends. The theme was bees and the host was adorable in an improvised bee costume (yellow pants, black shorts, yellow shirt). All of the children got bee cookies and Leo took two days to eat it because it was so big. He saved the head for last and was a bit hesitant to eat it. I created a bit of trauma when I took a bite to get him started--you'd think I'd killed it.





The kids had a great time playing outside after lunch was served, and Leo surprised us all by being a whiz on the stand-up scooter--which we had no idea he knew how to ride.










Leo's new favorite word is "can't" and he doesn't quite have the meaning down. Sometimes he uses it to mean he doesn't need something ("I can't have a diaper change"), or doesn't want us to do something ("You can't eat the last cookie.")

Leo and I also have a new ritual in the morning. When I zip his coat or sweatshirt I make silly sounds for up and down and go back and forth until it's all zipped. Leo thinks it's hilarious and calls it "fun zippies." He also won't let Jeff do it and says it's because "it's mama's thing."

Also, Leo's been saying "you're so proud of me?" when he does something and saying "I'm so proud of you" to us.

Last night we had spontaneous dinner with the Gentrys at our house (lentil rice cakes with greens and tomato salsa and acorn squash from the farmer's market). Afterward we all went to Jarling's--yum.

No comments: