Monday, July 13, 2009

Thinking ahead

Ok, y'all may not find all of these transcripts as funny as we do, but we're recording them so we remember them years from now (who am I kidding--so I can remember them next week!)

Jeff and Leo were talking about the Bucky sticker on Jeff's car and he was explaining to Leo that that's where we went to graduate school, and of course, Leo wanted to know what graduate school was.

A few minutes later, as we're on our way to drop Leo off at preschool, we have this conversation:

Leo: Which way is graduate school?
Me: It could be anywhere, or nowhere, not everyone goes.
Leo: But that's where the tubas and drums are.
Me: Yes, graduate schools of music have tubas and drums.
Leo: I have to get there. I have to get to the graduate school that has tubas and drums in it. It's south and east of here. I have to get to the graduate school that has my size tubas and drums. I have to measure how big the tuba is and measure how tall I am. (This sounds fairly incoherent, but he was more eloquent than it looks in print). ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it! I'm cracking up. Makes me smile all day.

granny m