Friday, July 10, 2009

You made your bed, now lie in it

Me: Leo, if you want to come with us, you have to put on some pants.

Leo: But I'm saying that's not the plan.

Me: Which of these 2 pairs of shorts do you want to wear?

Leo: I want different choices (and marches into his bedroom to get jeans out of his dresser).

Me to Jeff: We did this. We raised him to make his own choices. We did this on purpose. Why, for heaven's sake, why?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the answer to that - because it will help to make them more responsible adults. We never told you being a parent was going to be easy. But it can be extremely rewarding,and so far you two are doing a great job.

granny m

Kirstin said...

Thanks mom--I know it's the right way to go, but it sure can be exasperating!

Anonymous said...

Tighten your seat belt, and put on your happy face. This is only the beginning. And remember, the secret is to maintain your sense of humor.

Love ya all,
m