Saturday, June 25, 2011

Don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed

This morning at soccer Ken asked us if Jeni had told us the story about Leo's conversation during snack yesterday during his and Mason's playdate. "No," I said, "why?" "Well," he said, "apparently Leo wanted to share a weird dream he had." Here's what Ken described:

Leo: I had a weird dream last night.
Jeni: Oh really?
Leo: Yeah. It had Curious George in it and he was mating with a girl monkey.
Jeni: ?!?! I see. Mating?
Leo: Yes, you know, m-a-t-i-n-g.
Jeni: Yes, I know the word--do you know what it means?
Leo: Sure! It's like getting married.
Jeni: (audible sigh of relief)

I told Ken I was pretty sure Leo hadn't learned that from Wild Kratts (one of Leo and Mason's favorite shows). Tonight at dinner I asked Leo where he learned the word and he said from books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm Once again, the tears are running down my face (trying not to laugh)I can't help it - it brings back so many memories. Trust me, there is much more to come, mama and papa - enjoy. granny m

Anonymous said...

Ah, we do love that boy. We can see your hair getting grey all the way from here.
Bebop