Sunday, October 07, 2012

Can't go home again

Went to WI for my 21 year high school reunion. Yes, 21. We couldn't get the 20th together in good time so decided to delay a year. We then also combined the party with the class of '92. It was a fun time. It would have been better if Leo hadn't been under the weather and running a fever most of the weekend. But Jeff and I went to the first half of the homecoming game (it was cold! but we won). Then on Saturday there were tours of the new HS and the old HS, which has been converted to apartments, but because it's on the landmark registry they kept a lot of the historic details, since part of it was built during the WPA and has some artwork still from that time like murals and tiles. Saturday night there was a party for the grownups at a local hotel.

Introducing GramGram to Scaredy Squirrel

GramGram love

Auditorium of the new HS

Library of the new HS

One of the murals in the old HS

Old HS apartments

One of the many animal tiles at the old HS





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that mural. The look of the hallway gives me the shivers. I could never live there, too many bad memories. I do love that they preserved all the old tiles and mural.
New place looks pretty fancy. - LL