Sunday, October 21, 2012

Family-full weekend

This is the first full weekend I've been home in a month. Hence there was a lot to do! Yesterday was swim lessons, some alteration projects, yardwork, grocery shopping, and no nap for Molly. Yesterday and today was lots of Legoing for Leo--he decided he wanted to sort his Legos by color, which took us a very long time to do, and then Molly dumped out several of the containers as we were working. Might be a good idea in theory only.

Today was homemade gingerbread scones for breakfast and the pumpkin patch (which was a zoo!)--including apple cider donuts, the corn maze for L and J, a bouncy slide trip for L (M tried but she couldn't quite do the climbing necessary), and of course picking pumpkins. Molly really wanted to ride a pony, but she'll have to wait until next time. I wish I had gotten some mums like I usually do, since I love them so much, but we had let the kids each buy a small stuffed animal and I thought I should probably save the money. I much prefer the farm we went to for pumpkins last year--it just has pumpkins and is much calmer and more enjoyable, but we heard they had already sold out for the year. The afternoon was some beading time for me, lawn mowing for J, fence-climbing for L, and no napping for M.

Sliding at the pumpkin patch

I have no idea why she made this face

Driving the tractor

Our pumpkins

Someone else's pumpkins, but the stems were impressive

No comments: