Wednesday, December 28, 2005

adventures

Last night Leo slept from after his 10:45pm bottle until 5:30am. And didn't wake up for any diaper changes. That's almost sleeping through the night. Although the sad thing is, once I go back to work I'll probably be needing to get up that early in order for us both to get ready and get him and me to daycare and work on time.

Today we took a big trip with the little boy. First we went to the NCSU campus in Raleigh so Jeff could run an errand, then we to the game store and then lunch, then we went to the Homegoods to return something and did some more shopping. Then we feed Leo lunch. Then we went to the BJ's warehouse store where we've had a free month membership. Then we came home. All told we were out and about for roughly 5 hours and Leo did great!

But, then after his dinner bottle tonight he had one of his "nothing is wrong with me whatsoever but I think I'll pitch a fit anyway" fits. Sigh. I was getting too confident that everything will be smooth sailing now that he is getting older. Perhaps there were just too many new sights and sounds today and his little brain just overloaded. But still, it's hard to see him wailing (with big tears and everything) and not have any idea what the problem is. Luckily, Jeff was able to apply the Cuddle Cure (from Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block--highly recommended!) and in about 2 minutes Leo was asleep.

Keep your fingers crossed that after we feed him around 10:30p tonight that he will sleep until 5:30am (or later) again.

No comments: