Monday, December 12, 2005

Maybe we spoke too soon

We started to get close to sleeping through the night over the weekend... Yay!

But, in his first feedings after the long stretches of sleep, Leo did more spitting up than normal -- including one on Saturday night (OK, 4 AM Sunday if you want to get technical) that had about a 12-inch range. Aside from the usual settling down after spitting up, it doesn't really seem to be bothering him, but it's got us watchfully concerned.

I've been at work, and so don't know whether Kirstin called the pediatrician or what she was told. (We were discussing the possibility of the phone call this morning.)

Grandma and Grandpop have contributed several pictures to the collection... now to just have several hours with a high-speed connection to get everything organizes, sorted, & tagged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the vague notion that the whole sleeping thing progressed on a rational, logical curve. That once Otto started sleeping 4 hours or more, he always would. That once we started sleeping all night it would happen more often than not.

Hah!

Instead we go through phases where he'll do really well, sleep a few nights from 8-7, and then many more nights where he's up at least once. Sometimes it's because he has an ear infection, sometimes it seems to be a growth spurt or teething--other times, who knows?

Anyway, I think what you're seeing is relatively normal. I've just come to really, really appreciate sleeping from 11-7 when I can!