This is the last day of my maternity leave. I can't believe how far we have come since Leo was born. (E.g., Leo is sitting on my lap, helping me type this.) I can't believe how quickly the time went (I know everyone says that once you have kids...) and I can't decide if I really want to go back or not. Of course I will go, but the discussion in my head today went something like...
Those of you close to me know the challenges I have faced at work this year and will continue to face when I get back (if you want the details email me and I'll fill you in). However, I love my job, my profession, and being multifaceted (e.g., getting out of the house!). I discovered quickly how hard parenting is, even if you have a relatively easy baby like Leo, and lots of help from your spouse, which I do--it's exhausting. I think stay at home parents work harder than many people realize. No matter how hard my job is I can usually get away for a coffee break or lunch out with a colleague--some days at home with Leo I didn't have the opportunity to eat more than a few bites of lunch (one-handed of course!) On the other hand, while no coworker has yet literally peed or puked on me, Leo doesn't (yet) question my every decision.
I don't know what Leo will think of daycare--he's pretty good with other people, and I think it will be to his benefit to be with other kids and caretakers. I don't have too much guilt over the daycare thing, but there is a little.
I could probably go on, but the mister needs his pants changed. Sorry no pics with this post--Jeff has the laptop at his class tonight.
1 comment:
Welcome back - we missed you here at work.
Post a Comment