Monday, January 30, 2006

trilling little boy

Over the weekend Leo started doing elaborate vocal trills in addition to his cooing. He sounds like he should be a singer or live in a Latin country. It's very very cute.

It was a long weekend. Even though he was a very good boy, it was just Leo and me, as papa went home to MI for a family birthday. Leo did not sleep well in the evenings, and last night he really didn't sleep well. I could tell I was starting to get sick and was very sore in my shoulders from holding Leo so much, so I mandated that Jeff take all the mid-night wakings. I felt really bad about it because from 1:30am on he was up every hour for a half-hour at a time. At 5am we finally gave in and fed him. I went to work today and probably should have stayed home, and at one point the daycare thought Leo might have a fever because he was fussy and has a bit of a stuffy nose. I picked up a humidifier at Target and hope that does some good, since try as I might I couldn't get all the nose gunk with the sucker (yes, we use very technical terms around here). It's hard to know if he is really sick though, because he is still eating and is smiley and coo-ey which I would think he wouldn't be if he didn't feel well. (Dr. Sills, if you are reading this, I am sure you are throwing up your hands, wondering if you never cured me of my Teutonic tendencies in my writing.)


Anywhoo, the return to work hasn't been so bad, although it's hard to know how to prioritize which things to do in any given day outside of all of the meetings I have to attend. Sometimes I wish I could be like Leo and sleep whenever I felt like it, even if it is the middle of the day. It would be more productive than some of the meetings, that's for sure. (The picture at left I titled "sleep is my job".)

1 comment:

aisha said...

I wish I could be more like Leo too - I am so tired today. I've got to tell you that you look pretty good for a sleep deprived woman who was alone with the baby all weekend - who would have thunk it?