You may have noticed I didn't blog yesterday--the first day back to work. The truth of the matter was, there was no time! Now I am truly a working mom.
Leo did really well at daycare--they say he is an easy and sweet baby, but we knew that! (Of course he didn't spit up for them, although he did right as they were changing him when I picked him up.) Work wasn't so bad--I got a lot done in four hours. I find it much easier to be productive if I know I have a limited amount of time--probably why I am such a successful procrastintor. The evening brought laundry and Leo's bath, and all of the other stuff that has to get done.
Our hard-won schedule went out the window however, when Leo had shorter times between bottles at daycare. It threw things off such that we ended up giving him an extra small bottle before bed to "top off the tank" in hopes that he would still sleep as long as usual. Alas, last night, like the night before, he got up at 3am for a diaper change and then never really went back to sleep (or if he did, he was really noisy about it!). I am sure we'll get things figured out. It might even be easier once I am back at work full time in that regard.
It certainly was nice though, when I went to pick him up, and he saw me and gave me a big smile. Same thing when his Papa came home--Leo smiled as soon as he saw him. More pictures of that beautiful smile coming soon.
1 comment:
Yea! The first day went well ...anything is possible!
Post a Comment