Tuesday, May 02, 2006

First vote & Jeff update

Today was primary election day in Durham, and we took Leo with us when we went to vote. I have distinct (and vivid) memories of my father taking me to vote with him almost every time that he went. Most of today's races were straightforward and non-partisan, although the interesting race is for the DA spot -- mostly because of the backlash publicity from the Duke lax case.

You might have noticed that Kirstin has made most of the posts around here lately. The short version of that is because about 2 months ago, a judge wrote a letter that included the school where I teach on a group that he threatened to not let open next fall. (Anybody who wants more details can ask in the comments, I won't bore anybody else here.) The immediate aftermath of that letter has had me going nuts at school.

The most pertinent part of this whole mess came at the ABSS school board meeting last Monday, when it was anounced that our current principal was getting moved to an assistant superintendent position in the district's central office, we were getting two new co-principals for next year, and everybody on the staff would have to reapply for their jobs. My interview is on Thursday -- I'll say something more when I hear back.

No comments: