No pictures this time, because I haven't really had a chance to look through all the one's we've taken recently. I've been on-and-off sick (malaise and 101.X fevers) since Thursday night, and today is the first day I've really been feeling much better -- still taking it easy, though, so as not to push things. It made my first Father's Day as a dad that much less enjoyable.
It's the end of my first full week out of work. I had one interview last Wednesday (I didn't nail it, but I didn't blow it, either); have an "audition" (yes, that's what they call it) with Kaplan tomorrow night, and another interview next Wednesday. We're starting to hit a dry patch of the summer for teaching job postings, as principals take their first opportunity at vacation since spring break. They'll probably start to come in again around mid-July.
Plans for the kitchen reno proceed apace. After much agonizing, we decided not to install a cork floor, because it would have been a budget-buster. Shame, too, because we'd found one that would have looked very good in context of everything else. After I get some straightening and housecleaning done this week, I plan to start pulling out the old tile & seeing whether the tile adhesive can be easily removed from the vinyl that the tiles were installed over. That will definitely be occasion to see whether I can enlist some volunteer labor, perhaps bribed with food or something.
Today's our 8th anniversary, and we got to go out for lunch together. Nothing fancy, but good to have time when we don't have to worry about Leo. We'll see whether life gives us a chance for some more of that sometime soon -- we think we know babysitters, but the scheduling has been a pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment