Thursday, January 25, 2007

zhoosh! (15 months)

That's how Leo says "shoes" and "juice". Sort of sounds like he's watching someone ski downhill very fast.

Tomorrow Leo turns 15 months old...

Not too much new going on this month. Leo will transition up to the next room at daycare in mid-February--he'll officially be a toddler! One of the daycare managers is leaving because her husband got transferred...to Madison! I'm so jealous. She doesn't want to go because she's lived in NC her whole life. She said we could trade. I wish. We visited with Ms. Ete from the infant room a bit this morning and she said that she sometimes slips and calls one of the new babies Leo because they sort of look alike.

Leo has been getting up between 5 and 5:30 the last three mornings--it is becoming very difficult to stay awake at work, especially when it is quiet in the mornings. He's tired when he goes to sleep--usually around 7pm. One night he couldn't get to sleep until 8:45pm, but he still got up at 5:30 the next morning. I hope this is just a phase--cause mornings are not my favorite time of day. I also don't really want his bedtime to be too much later, because there are only a few hours to get stuff done (ok--veg with a book on the couch) at night as it is.

Lately when we give Leo a snack like crackers he likes to have some for each hand, and he'll eat one and ask for more, preferring to keep the other in reserve as a "security" cracker. He's still eating a lot and we're letting him try to use utensils more and more. He understands the concept, but doesn't quite have the mechanics perfected yet. I discovered this week that the way to get him to eat the root vegetables that he used to love as purees and then spurned as finger foods, is to mash them up. So, it feels like a step backwards, but at least he's eating them (and asking for more!).

We can now see all of his bicuspids coming in--one is completely in, the rest just starting. The last of the four middle teeth on the bottom has yet to make an appearance--it's taking its own sweet time.

Leo's 12 month-size pants all still fit, but almost none of his 12 month shirts do--so we've moved up to 18 month sizes--which really have him starting to look like a little man. I know my sister will like his "Future Rock Star" t-shirt. He's also finally starting to grow some more hair. It is so soft and silky.

In the last few days Leo has started to show a real interest in his books. He's always like playing with his books and our books--but then mostly as objects. Now it seems he understands more about what they are for. He will bring one to you expectantly and stand there until you offer to read it to him. Yesterday and today books were the first and last things Leo played with at daycare. When I walk in the room to pick him up he always brings me whatever toy he is playing with to show me what he's got.

The 15 month checkup isn't until the end of next week, so we'll update with stats etc. then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Leo,

It has been some time since I looked in here to see how you are. I am lovin' that you have a 'Future Rock Star' shirt. I will bring my rock star shirt with me next time we see each other and we can be almost twins.

big Smooch from the border!!

love auntie LL (& SHannon)

doggie licks from sam, mona & martha... sandpaper kiss from Joe Joe