Friday, March 30, 2007

:-( / :-)

Lately we have had to wake Leo up in the mornings in order to get going. He's been sleeping 12 hours at night and taking 2-2 1/2 hour naps--which is all good!

However, he's been slightly cranky on the mornings we've had to wake him up (well duh!). This morning I asked him if it was time to get ready for school and he shook his head no (he's not saying "no" much, just shaking his head). Then I asked him, didn't he want to go to school, and again he shook his head no. I felt kind of bad--but I know he has fun at school.

Yesterday they did two different art projects (it was a wet/cold day so I don't think they went outside). They did paintings with shaving cream and also little bird creations (they pasted feathers onto paper plates and added eyes and a beak). They were just about to start finger painting when we got there and Leo was sad that he'd have to wait until today to do it.

Two nights in a row Leo has sat still long enough for us to read an entire story (out of a storybook, not a board book). He's even been turning the pages at the right time (with a little help). Usually he can't sit still for that long and would rather quickly look at four different books rather than pay attention to a whole story. Last night he sat still for me to read Wizard and Wart. And when we were done he crawled over to Jeff's lap (he was sitting right next to us) for him to read it again!

This weekend I am going to try to pain the walls in our bedroom. Jeff is going to paint the ceiling and trim after Easter while he's home on spring break, and our new carpet comes that week too.

Next weekend we are going to Charlotte for Easter to see Jeff's sister and her husband. On the way we might go to the zoo. While we are in Charlotte we are going to learn about the science of candy.

No comments: