Monday, May 07, 2007

Chillin' with el-fans!

Busy weekend--as usual. Saturday we went and visited my friend Amy and her husband Grant, and their soon-to-be-born daughter Stella. I haven't seen them for ages and it was good to catch up, and Leo had fun being scared of the puppies. I'm not sure why Leo wouldn't pet the friendlier puppy (Lemmy)--but he just didn't want to do it. He was however really well-behaved, and did not wreck havoc on anything or anyone.

That afternoon since it was raining we decided to save ourselves from cabin fever by joining the NC Museum of Life and Science--which has room for Leo to run around and things for him to explore. We even got to take a mini train ride. Since he's not (yet?) a Thomas fanatic like some little boys, he just kind of hung out with us and didn't seem too impressed by it.

Sunday was groceries, etc. at Target, where we found a cool chair for Leo. We'd been going back and forth about getting one--but finally decided that maybe he never sits still because there is nowhere kid-sized for him to sit. When we got home he took his time going down for a nap--and not without a few tears. While he napped I made a trip to the urgent care center because of some pain/numbness in my neck, shoulder, and arm, and it turns out I have a pinched nerve. All I can do is wait for it to go away, and take meds. If it doesn't clear up I have to go see an orthopedist.

One of Leo's favorite activities lately has been playing in our down comforter, which is on the floor in our room since we traded it for the lighter one. He loves to jump onto it and squoosh it around and play peek-a-boo with it.

And, as alluded to in the title of the post--another word has joined the vocabulary--"el-fan" for elephant. One of his current favorite books is "I Love My Mama" and it features elephants. Of course now he's pointing at the mother elephant and saying "Mama." Sigh. He also also taking to saying "yion--roar!" every so often, which is pretty cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leo=

You are looking sooooo huge! We barely recognize you.

Please give your mom and big good luck kiss for me for her interviews.

love, auntie LL

Heather said...

I love that chair - adorable!