Thursday, February 14, 2008

Head Twinkle Spider Bus

In the last couple days, Leo has taken to randomly singing bits and pieces of songs. We've heard parts of (at various times) The Itsy-Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Bat1, and Head Shoulders Knees & Toes.

When various things happen with toys (like puzzles coming apart), he'll also rather stoically whine "It happens." [How one can be stoic and whine simultaneously I still don't get, but he manages.]

They did various Valentine's Day things at school this week. He brought home one that he made which was a heart drawn on the page with a whole bunch of very small animal stickers attached. They weren't very sticky, and he chose to move most of them to his hand, thusly:










(My eyes are closed because I spent the day home sick from work, and was pretty beat.)



We also let him loose with the camera again tonight. Most of the "pikkers" he took were of Mama. Here's what he came up with:


[1] I assume that everybody knows Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. This is, in fact, the version that he sings at school. However, anytime that I sing the song to him, I consistently sing it as Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat, as from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. What can I say? I'm still trying to convince Kirstin to let me introduce him to the Gashlycrumb Tinies.

No comments: