Friday, February 01, 2008

Knee-high to a toddler

Or almost 8" of snow. They canceled the public schools and daycare is closed, although the university is open. Luckily today is my research day this week so I can (try to) work from home. But between shoveling and Leo wrangling, it'll be less than productive. I do have a desk shift this afternoon I should go in for though.

I got half of the driveway shoveled before our neighbor offered to let us use her snowblower. I accepted, but didn't get very far before I realized I had very little clue how to use it effectively. Snow here, snow there, snow, and when I ran over the grass, leaves and grass everywhere! So, I used it until it stalled (about 10 minutes) and then returned it, claiming I had done "enough." I suppose I should learn how to use one--you'd think growing up in WI I would have learned how to use one, but I guess we were old-fashioned. Or else Dad just didn't want us messing with the snowblower (did we have one, I don't remember?). Of course I could have just had Jeff come out and do it, but now he's stuck shoveling the rest. Sorry honey!

Potty training note--we are off our game. Er, that is, Leo had a mixed day yesterday with a few potty tries, a few successes, and a few diapers. Mom, I know your post comment the other day was serious, but it made me laugh so hard I almost fell off of my chair. Cheerios to aim at indeed!

No comments: