Friday, April 18, 2008

All shook up

Well, this is a first for us--there was an earthquake at 4:30am this morning. It woke Jeff and me up, but Leo slept right through it. The center was in the southern part of IL and it had a 5.2 magnitude. There was no damage (it wasn't that strong), but it felt like a giant was shaking the bed, and you could feel/tell that the walls and the floor were moving too. It was about the strangest sensation ever. Jeff knew what it was right away, but I just had no clue. The first thing that popped into my head was "big angry ghost." Yeah, logical, I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you guys felt it! Otto woke up at 3:30 -- have no idea if he felt it, but one of my coworkers said she certainly did. I didn't notice it myself, which was a little disappointing... might be the only time I get the chance!

Amy Grant, Stella Dot, and Yma said...

Wow. Right there in little ol' Illinois! I guess there was that series of earthquakes that hit in the 19th C that changed the flow of the Mississippi..or am I making that up...? Nope:
http://hsv.com/genlintr/newmadrd/accnt2.htm