Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Michigan Trip

We had a great time in Michigan last week. For all of the pictures go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougans/sets/72157620420761818/ ***UPDATE: I originally loaded these with restricted permissions and you would have to sign up for Flickr and be registered as my 'friend' to see them, but I changed them back to public today.

First we went to Petoskey (about 9 hours in the car, including stops, on Tuesday) and spent Tuesday night through Friday morning there. Leo had a great time learning to skip rocks into the Little Traverse Bay, playing in downtown Petoskey, feeding seagulls, and exploring new playgrounds. Jeff's dad was with us Wedsnesday night thru Friday. We feed seagulls, went on the Kilwin's factory tour, went to Harbor Springs and saw even bigger boats, admired amazingly rich houses, and visited deer in the deer park, swam in the condo's outdoor pool, and visited downtown Petoskey during their art gallery walk. Leo enjoyed the live music (including a steel drum band) and playing on his garbage truck (a decommissioned cannon from the Civil War in one of the parks).

On Friday we drove the 3.5 hours down to Lansing to visit more with Jeff's family (mostly his Dad's side) since Jeff's sister is expecting her first baby (who Leo has named Colorado for some reason) in August. Leo had a great time playing with his "crazy cousins" as he called them. On Sunday we drove the 5.5 hours back to Urbana. We were wiped out!



Feeding seagulls on a foggy morning in Petoskey.














wearing his new rock star shirt












learning to skip rocks
















playing with his "garbage truck"
















having fun












"What do you mean I can't eat the whole bag of animal crackers while hiding in Memaw and Bebop's bus (RV)?"













Climbing at the playground

















He loved the old fashioned bubblers in downtown Petoskey.

1 comment:

LauraLynn Jansen said...

Hey where can I get one of those Rock Star t-shirts? Leo, I haven't shown you my rock star moves have I? When you come for thanksgiving I will or maybe next time we Skype. Glad you all had a safe trip.