Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Misc

Yesterday after dinner our neighbors called. Look outside they said, there is a hot air balloon over your house. So Leo and I went out and joined them on their lawn, and sure enough there was a hot air balloon travelling over our house. It was low enough that we could hear them fire the torches, but not so low that they could hear the boys shouting "Hello up there! Where are you going?"

Later in the evening I took Leo to the first session of his new swimming class. This one will meet once a week and he gets to go in the water by himself with the teacher (no parent). At first he was trepidatious, but once he got his feet wet, so to speak, he had a great time showing that he could blow bubbles and kick his legs. At one point the teacher started to take Leo out of the pool because he thought he had said he needed to use the bathroom. No, he was just excited to try the platform that we told him about (that they use for the little kids who can't touch the bottom yet). The class is later in the evening because there were so many people on the waiting list that they added this new section--it doesn't get done until 7:55pm--so Leo will enjoy a late bedtime on Tuesdays. But boy was he crabby this morning!

The tree guys came and went yesterday--they couldn't plant the tree where we wanted because still too many roots from the old tree. I thought we'd gone far enough away, but between where the old tree was and the gas line, I think we're going to have to put the tree in the middle of the yard. (I'm only partly joking.)

I think we've mostly settled into the routine of the semester. Too much to do and not enough time to do it in, but we're not complaining too much.

No comments: