Monday, September 21, 2009

Stolen moments

So, I've been sick pretty much all week. Saturday Leo went with Jeff to run errands in the morning while I went with Jeni to a consignment sale, and then Jeff dropped him off at home with me because he had an event all afternoon. So I was snoozing on the couch when they got home. Leo went to play by himself for awhile, and then, as is his habit he announced he had to go to the bathroom. When he got done I asked if he flushed. He said, "No, I didn't want to wake you up." How sweet is that!? After Leo had some lunch he went down for a nap and I explained that I needed to nap too, and could he please at least sleep for three hours? He slept for four (and so did I).

We also arranged to have the pacifier fairy come on Saturday night and he traded Leo his pacifier for two new robot toys. Leo has now slept two nights and one nap with no paci. He did complain at one point that he really wanted one big robot. But when it's 9pm on Saturday night and a robot has been specifically requested, the paci fairy takes what he can get.

On Sunday Leo was playing me a lullabye on the keyboard (again while I dozed on the couch) and he was singing about superheroes and rocketships.

Jeff has decided that Leo's superhero alterego is Distracto Boy.

Leo has been getting better about eating what we eat for dinner. Last night was tangy three-bean soup. Leo declared it was "the best soup of love of all."

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are so lucky that he'll take such long naps! Hope you're feeling better.

Kirstin said...

Yup, mostly better, although the weather has been playing havoc with my sinuses. We can usually count on 2-3 hour naps, but every so often he'll only give us 30min-hour.