Dear Molly,
I don't even know how we got here. Two. You are two already. You are a bright, happy, talkative, funny little thing. You are like a ray of sunshine, or with your coloring, a shiny new copper penny. You are very busy and can run and hop and tell knock-knock jokes with your brother. You love your brother, even if he still calls you Pest-o. He especially calls you this when you barge in on his bathroom time so you can use the potty seat--you're really into the whole thing.
 |
| With Mama on your birthday before going to school (you insisted on taking a pair of fuzzy pjs) |
You just moved up to the next room at daycare and I think it says a lot that your old room already really misses you and your new room is already really excited that you are there. They can't get over how many words you have and how sweet and fun you are. Don't get me wrong, you still have the temper of a two-year-old and the spirit of a redhead. "Why Mama?" you plaintively ask when I tell you no. You are very clear about what you do and do not want. You love love love books and the library. You love to eat fruit, including grapefruit and oatmeal (or meat-mall as you call it) is another big favorite. Some days we think you subsist on air and others you don't stop eating. "I wanna try it" is a common phrase with you.
 |
| By the flowers in your BD dress from Aunt LL |
Does the picture above remind you of
anybody? You like to sing and dance, and I think you will be the musician in the family if we get one. You can sing the alphabet song, but take a few toddler liberties. Not sure you can identify any letters yet. You do know all of your colors and shapes, and are starting to get the concept of counting. You are so verbal that we haven't really worked on sign language with you very much. This makes us a little sad, since we had so much fun with it with Leo. You do know the sign for "I love you" since we do it at dinner every night, and one day when I did it to you you said, "I love you too Mama." You've also said it to Papa.
 |
| Listening to Aunt Alison, Uncle Marco, and cousin Carina sing you happy birthday over the phone |
You like to play with Mason, Alice, and baby Lewis--you ask about them and want to know when they can play. You have friends at school, but I don't know that you have any buddies just yet. You do ask about Ethan when making calls on your pretend phone though. You love to talk on the real phone with your grandmas and grandpas and your cousin Sam.
Your two-year checkup is next week and we'll post details then.
We love you Molly-do,
Mama, Papa, and Leo
No comments:
Post a Comment