To back up: Kirstin left for Memphis on Wednesday, to attend the Music Library Association's annual conference. My mother arrived on Sunday, to help with taking care of Leo while Kirstin's gone.
Then I woke up on Thursday AM with a temperature of 100.3 degrees -- over the threshold at which I was willing to call in sick, since I almost never get sick. It peaked around 101.2 that afternoon. Since I had conferences on Thursday night, I went in for them, since it was far easier to go and spend the two hours than to try to schedule separate meetings with the 10 or 11 parents who showed up.
If I'd been better on Friday, everything would have been OK... but the fever went the wrong way overnight, and I was home again on Friday, too.
Enough complaining. I've seen my mother rather more than either of us had counted on, which isn't necessarily bad. She's been on mostly 24-hour Leo duty, which she mostly isn't complaining about, either.
Kirstin says that I'm better at making up both sides of the conversation with Leo than she is. There was one day last week (before my mother showed up) where I was feeling a little bit punchy and decided that he'd told me he wanted to be a dinosaur trainer when he grew up. So, naturally, when Grandma was out shopping the Hecht's clearance rack, what does she find? Glow-in-the-dark dinosaur PJs. Obviously, they had to come home.
The weather was actually nicer than it ought to be in February yesterday. I spent a little bit of time outside, although the breeze made it seem not quite so warm. Still, the 'bug got to spend time out in the yard for the first time in his life. And I have the pictures to prove it. (I think that in the picture I'm showing here, he thinks he's seeing a bird... no, a plane.... no, I won't finish the gag.)
1 comment:
How did my baby boy grow so much while I was gone for just a few days? Luckily I'll be home tomorrow, so hopefully he won't be walking and talking by then. Mama love you Leo-bug!
Post a Comment