Tuesday, February 21, 2006

checkup nitty gritty

Leo had his 4-month appointment yesterday. He is a stellar baby, if I do say so myself. When Grandma (Carol) and I got to daycare to pick him up at 1:30p he was sleeping. We'd hoped he would have eaten already, but they didn't want to wake him. Since his appointment was at 2:10 we decided to risk not feeding him then.

We got to the doctor's and had to wait a very long time. We were waiting in the exam room a long time and an hour past his meal time came and went and he didn't fuss, but instead took a nap. We decided that since we had no idea when he'd be seen at this point we'd better feed him at 3pm (luckily daycare had warmed a bottle before we picked him up). He ate quietly and just as he finished the doctor came in.

She gave him a clean bill of health and was impressed by his happy nature, the quantity of his meals, the quantity of his sleep, etc. We are going to wait to start solid food because he just doesn't seem to need it yet--formula is filling him up quite nicely for now, and I'd like for him to be able to sit up on his own a little more first.

After the shots Leo cried for maybe 30 seconds, and then was his usual smiley self. He was quiet in the car and we gave him tylenol when we got home and put him straight down for his overdue nap. He slept long and hard until papa finally woke him up to eat around 9pm. He was happy and grinning but went right back to sleep. He slept until 7am with one diaper change and tylenol at 3:30am.

This morning he seems happy, but I let him stay home with Grandma today. I leave for my conference tomorrow and don't know how I will stand five days away from my sweetpea!

The stats: 14 lbs 2oz, 24.5 inches (30-35% percentile for each)

No comments: