Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sleepless in Durham

Our first week without anybody else to help, and things start to go haywire. And we'd been doing so well....

Leo finished the 3/4-week growth spurt just in time for the weekend, and we got nice long stretches of unbroken sleep on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. (Usually about 5-6 hours, but there was a 7-hour stretch on Friday night.) Everything seemed to be going smooth sailing.

Then the 1:00 AM Tuesday feeding hit. And he hasn't really settled back down since.

Sure, he's slept some... but it's been fitful, rousing himself every hour or so, if not more frequently. Kirstin hasn't gotten more than about 2 hours of unbroken sleep since that feeding, and the best I've managed is a 4-hour stretch on Tuesday morning, starting about 1:30 and ending shortly before my alarm went off (when Leo needed a diaper change anyway).

I hope he settles down today, because I've got class tonight, and so am not likely to be home before about 9:00 PM (after leaving around 7 AM).

No comments: