Leo watching Grandma put on her makeup one morning when she was visiting..."We're not supposed to draw on ourselves." Specifically she was enhancing her eyebrows (i.e., drawing them on) and Leo also pointed to his and said "Mine stay on all the time."
...
(before my surgery)
Leo: Mama, why do you have to go to the doctor?
Me: So she can fix something that's broken.
Leo: Can I see? Open wide!
Me: Not like that Leo, it's not something you can see.
Leo: Broken, like cracks?
...
The grownups were talking about someone who had died of cancer and out of the blue Leo says, "I want to be a doctor when I grow up. And a construction guy." I reply that these are great things to be. He responds, " I want to be something when I grow up like you guys are something and grown up."
No comments:
Post a Comment