Although Leo's birthday is today, the party was yesterday because it's a lot easier to coordinate parties around weekends. In off-loading pictures from the camera, I've also discovered that it's been a really long time since that happened, and thus a long time since the Flickr stream was updated. By the time you read this, that should have been remedied.
Planning for the party started nearly a month ago, with a desire for a robot theming (started probably by the request from the paci fairy a month or two ago). Kirstin found some inexpensive invitations, buttons, and stickers from a site new to us called Zazzle, and we put together a "pin the antenna on the robot" game. I have a colleague who does cakes as a side business, and she quoted us an extremely reasonable price for the number that we thought we might need to serve. (We ended up with half as many as we thought we'd have, so we've got leftovers.) We invited Mason, Josh (whose dad works with me), and four friends from school, three of whom came.
3 comments:
Wow! That cake is something else. Looks like alot of work went into it. I'm impressed. Granny m
I think it's a great idea to wait until Spring on the bike - both weather-wise and on timing w/ the new addition. When people are fawning over the new baby (which people tend to do, sometimes ignoring the older sibling), Leo will also feel special when he gets his new big brother bike.
Mom--good point about the bike. I hadn't even thought of it from that angle--I was just being practical about the weather and the getting 6 more months of use out of it. Grandmas are smart!
Post a Comment