Hi. I'm ready to go. Ready I tell you. Less than two weeks on the clock now (13 days, but who's counting?!). I feel like the epitome of a preschooler--"Are we there yet? How much longer?"
This baby is still head down (yay!) and is making her presence very known. She does not stay still for long and when she moves she likes to move . So much fun to watch and experience. Well, no, not really. It's just plain uncomfortable at this point. However, soon it will all be a distant memory and she'll be here in person.
Leo is ready too. He constantly asks what Bertie Bott is doing ("Is she sleeping?," "Is she hanging out?") and often has things to tell her. Yesterday he stood in front of me, put his hands on either side of my belly and sang Twinkle Twinkle to her (two versions, no less, the original and the traffic light one). Every so often I can get him to modify his behavior by telling him that BB doesn't like what he's doing (dawdling, being sassy, etc) but I don't know how much longer that will work.
The nursery is almost ready (and then yes, we'll post pics). The correct replacement hardware for the crib finally appeared and Jeff and Leo got it all assembled. The dresser should be arriving on Monday (and will then need assembling), and I hope to get to Michael's this weekend to come up with something creative for decorating the walls.
So yes, I am ready. Let's go!!!
1 comment:
The traffic light version? I guess you have to be a current parent of a preschooler to know that one. He will have to sing it to me when we get there.
I know that active baby feeling. It felt like you were doing laps in my tummy. Hang in there - it won't be long now.
Granny m
Post a Comment