Yesterday was a busy day, and only the first of the long weekend (although I also took Friday off and am taking Tuesday as well). First up in the morning: bike shopping for the grownups. Even though I take the bus to work, I've been considering biking the 2 miles. It's an ideal environment for it--flat, quiet streets, etc. We went to the bike store, because I have no idea what kind of bike to look for. The very nice sales-dude was very helpful and seemed to understand that I did not need a fancy bike. However, short of a coasting bike (with no gears whatsoever, not ideal) there aren't any truly simple bikes anymore. Not simple=not inexpensive. The current front runner for me: Raleigh Detour 4.5. I'd have to get it tricked out with a fender, some baskets, and maybe a light system, and I'll need a helmet. I don't love the color, but I could live with it. Jeff didn't have much chance to start looking, because Leo started to get squirrelly.
So, after bike shopping we went to a new park and played. Leo did some excellent climbing. Then we went to lunch at a new deli in town: Murphy's Deli. The sandwiches are huge! Three guesses what I ordered--a reuben. Leo had a peanut butter sandwich on big thick wheat bread, apple sauce, and apple juice. Then we went home and Leo napped for 3 1/2 hours, during which we balanced the checkbook, filed the mountain of papers that had accumulated so far this year, and I cut the grass in the back yard.
After Leo woke up at 4:15pm we realized we really hadn't planned anything for dinner, so we went to Applebee's solely because it's by the grocery store and we needed milk. At dinner Leo asked for the lemon wedge from Jeff's water and actually enjoyed sucking on it (or as he calls it--"I sucked on it," which sounds like 'suck-it on it.' After we got home we went for a walk around Meadowbrook Park, came home and read stories, and put Leo to bed. By that point we were pretty pooped. Very exciting, I know!
This morning Jeff made cocoa pancakes and we served them with powdered sugar. At one point Leo asked for more baby powder on his pancake. Giggle.
Ok, so that's the really exciting scoop around here these days--I know you can hardly stand it! If you want to see the new necklace I made on Friday, head on over to my other blog (linked on the left).
No comments:
Post a Comment